NFDA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all convention participants and NFDA staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NFDA staff, service providers, and others are expected to abide by this Conduct Policy. This Policy applies to all NFDA meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than NFDA but held in conjunction with NFDA events, in public, online or at private facilities.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NFDA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to, verbal or written comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces, virtual meeting places, or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NFDA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by NFDA throughout the virtual event. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any NFDA virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. NFDA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy, record video, or take screenshots of presentations, Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
NFDA strongly recommends that attendees at the 2021 NFDA International Convention & Expo be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attending the Seminar. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious virus that is easily spread by person-to-person contact, especially in indoor areas with multiple attendees. Participating in NFDA’s Seminar could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19, especially for those who are not fully vaccinated.
At most NFDA networking events both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are served. NFDA expects participants at our events to drink responsibly. NFDA and Meeting host event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason, and may require a participant to leave the event.
Personal Safety and Security
NFDA works diligently to provide a safe and secure environment at its meetings and events by working with venue staff to make sure meeting participants are safe. We ask that all attendees report any questionable or concerning activity to NFDA staff so that they can take immediate action. No concern is too small, if you see something, say something.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Use the buddy system when walking to and from the event venue, networking event locations during early or late hours.
- Don’t wear your meeting badge on the street. Take it off as soon as you leave the building/venue.
- Don’t carry a lot of cash or credit cards. Leave in your hotel room safe.
- Don’t leave personal property unattended anywhere, anytime.
If it is an emergency or if you need immediate assistance, you should ask any NFDA staff member or the on-site security personnel to help you.
NFDA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and NFDA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.