NFDA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all convention participants and NFDA staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NFDA staff, service providers, and others are expected to abide by this Meeting Safety & Responsibility Policy. This Policy applies to all NFDA meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than NFDA but held in conjunction with NFDA events, in public or private facilities.
At most NFDA networking events both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are served. NFDA expects participants at our events to drink responsibly. NFDA and Meeting host event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason, and may require a participant to leave the event.
Personal Safety and Security
NFDA works diligently to provide a safe and secure environment at its meetings and events by working with venue staff to make sure meeting participants are safe. We ask that all attendees report any questionable or concerning activity to NFDA staff so that they can take immediate action. No concern is too small, if you see something, say something.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Use the buddy system when walking to and from the event venue, networking event locations during early or late hours.
- Don’t wear your meeting badge on the street. Take it off as soon as you leave the building/venue.
- Don’t carry a lot of cash or credit cards. Leave in your hotel room safe.
- Don’t leave personal property unattended anywhere, anytime.
If it is an emergency or if you need immediate assistance, you should ask any NFDA staff member or the on-site security personnel to help you.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NFDA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NFDA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations at sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by NFDA at the meeting venue, hotels, or other NFDA-contracted facilities.